Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Down South...Day Sixty-One...Friday, January 29, 2010






I'm up early and slip downstairs for a quick smoke just after sunup. Genie's still asleep downstairs surrounded by a few cats...that's a great way to sleep!
Today, we're meeting Ed for lunch at one of my absolute favorite places...Frenchy's Rockaway Beach Restaurant on Clearwater Beach. The weather is warm enough to sit out on their deck...so...soon we're enjoying a few cocktails (several of Frenchy's famous Rumrunners for me). I order my two favorite appetizers, Buffalo Shrimp and Coconut Shrimp, and they are (as always) excellent.
After lunch, we head back to Genie's for a few beers out on the patio...nice. Ed invites Genie to come back to Tampa and join us all for tomorrow's Gasparilla Parade. So...soon...we're all heading back to Ed's house. Molly gets home from work around 6:00PM, and we've got a cold glass of Chardonnay waiting for her. Dinner is the Mojo-marinated steak left over from last night along with several batched of OreIda "Fast Food" fries cooked in peanut oil...a stupendous dinner enjoyed with several bottles of red wine from my "vacation stash".
It's going to be an early morning tomorrow...need to get to the parade before the traffic. I've barely got enough time to scarf down a huge bowl of vanilla ice cream with strawberries before bedtime.

No comments: