Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Fall/Winter 2013

I was back from Alaska just in time for UM football. And, although it was a disappointing season, I had a great time.
Robin and I "camped" in the RV lot for the night game against Notre Dame...great fun.
I met up with Roger and Gretchen in Connecticut for the UCONN game. This also involved a few fun days in Boston. In Connecticut, I bought a new camper!!!!
And...I got to spend some quality time with my very close friends, Dave and Marschia in Middletown, Delaware.
I had a great party (bad game) for UM/MSU...a great opportunity to reconnect with many of my friends.
I headed down to Florida with the cats in November. Other than having to throw the forty-year friend turned thief out of my Florida home, it was an uneventful trip. I settled right in down here.
I traveled over to cousin Bill's for a few days in early December...left the camper. Bill performed miracles on the camper...it is now "tricked out" just the way I want it. Bill does all of these things and asks nothing in return. He is the brother that I never had.
Bill came over here for Christmas...much fun. We had a great Christmas dinner od stone crabs and crab cakes.
My very good friends from Germany, Andreas and Simone, flew in to Atlanta and drove down here to spend New Years. This was, for me, wonderful. We had a spectacular "blow-out" gourmet dinner (with wines, of course). We went on a "swamp tour" in Okeechobee...ate well...and drank a LOT of wine. I was so sorry that they had to leave.
And now...it's February. And I am about to leave on another great adventure.
But I'll go through all of that in the next post.

No comments: