Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Out West...Day 31...Friday, August 21, 2009...Preparing to Head Home

OK...so I'm over a month late with my last two posts...time flies when you're having fun (and at home).

My last day at Grand Teton National Park was pretty low-key. I slept in, had a light breakfast and read until lunch time. Weather was still good...sunny and warm.
After a lunch of kimchi noodles, I set about packing up to leave tomorrow morning. After thirty-one days on the road, I'm ready to start heading home. If I can get an early start, my plan is to camp near Devil's Tower on the other side of Wyoming and get some early morning photos before getting back on the road.
Once my preparations are completed, I head out to buy ice and take a few more photos. Back at camp, I'm cooking up the last of some pork with Thai Green Curry...a few Margaritas and a few glasses of South African Cab.
I build my last campfire as darkness falls. The sky is clear again, and the stars are brilliant...from my seat around the fire, I'm looking right at the Big Dipper. Soon the last of my logs are glowing embers, and it's time for bed...tomorrow is going to be a long day.

No comments: