Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Down South...Day Seventy-Seven...Sunday, February 13, 2010...Home at Last

Well...I'm moving kind of slow this morning. Off to bed after 4:00AM...five or six hours of sleep...and I'm finally up.
I'm not the only one that's moving slow this morning...it's almost noon before we can even get breakfast underway.
By 1:30PM or so, I'm finally on the road...the final stretch. It snowed last night, but the roads are clear and dry...still, it seems to take forever. I'm on Rt. 2, skipping the Toll Road (one must be frugal in retirement)...out of Strongsville, along the lake, into Toledo, up I-75, over to I-275...and then...I'm home.
As I open up the front door, Jonesie makes a break for the outside, and I'm barely able to catch him before he makes it. Inside, Cleo is standing by her food bowl...waiting.
Seventy-seven days on the road...and nothing has changed...I'm home!

1 comment:

Constance said...

I stopped by from the National Parks Traveler since reading your travel plans for this summer. we too will be in Banff and Jasper but in September. Alaska is on the radar for us. My husband is hoping to retire in 5 more years at age 60 from the BNSF Railway. Then, like you we can vacation wherever we want, however long we want! I have to ask since you were at Glacier.

Have you ever seen David Walburn's performances at the Many Glacier Hotel? He does 3 in all-one is on Lewis & Clark, another on Montana and my favorite is Cabin Song. In it, he chronicles through photos, stories and songs his adventure of homesteading a cabin in Alaska right out of college with 3 good friends. If you ever have an opportunity to go to one of his shows, I can't recommend it enough!
Connie Hopkins