Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Down South...DaySeventy-Five...Friday, February 12, 2010...Heading Home


I', up early again...I want to get on the road early because I've got a long drive from here in Middletown to Roger and Gretchen's in Strongsville.
I packed most everything up yesterday, so I'm pretty much ready to go.
I share a few cups of coffee with Dave and Marschia before I head out the door. I'm sorry to leave...I wish that I could have spent another couple of days here. I'm comfortable staying with all of my friends, but there's something about Dave and Marschia's that makes it like staying at my own home...only better.
It's a little after 9:00AM, and I'm off for Ohio. I don't know what's up with my Garmin, but it's taking me on a very unfamiliar route. I actually have to stop a few times and look at a map. I'm traveling a lot more on surface streets than I should be...and, as a result, I'm noticing more than a few vehicles that almost buried in snow. By the time that I finally get on the Pennsylvania Turnpike, I figure that I've already lost an hour.
I've driven this route a number of times, and it's pretty boring...not to mention long because the speed limit is lower. I make a stop for gas, grab a sandwich for lunch, and keep on moving.
I'm at Roger and Gretchen's around 6:30PM. Roger is flying in to Cleveland, and his plane lands around the time of my arrival. A few delays at the gate later, he's home. Now we're drinking a couple of great bottles of wine while we wait on dinner. Gretchen is making a beef roast for dinner, and it is REALLY good...tender beef, plenty of red wine, and lots of vegetables.
We're enjoying our wine and great conversation, but we're all pretty beat tonight...so we make it an early one (early for us, that is).

No comments: