Friday, June 17, 2011

Bill & Ed's Excellent Adventure...Day 2...Thursday, June 16, 2011



I'm up at 7:00AM and, because I have a campsite with electricity, I can brew a pot of my home-roasted coffee in the MoccaMaster...excellent!
Shower, shave, toast for breakfast...I'm back on the road at 8:30.
There's a small change in plans today. I had planned on staying at a State Park in Hingham, Massachusetts, but some fellow campers last night recommended the KOA in Middleboro...nice campground with easy access to Boston.
Another beautiful day...sunny with light traffic. At around 3:00PM, I'm pulling into the KOA in Middleboro. They have an initial problem with my plans to set up a tent at my campsite but, since I'm staying four nights, they relent.
On the way here, I stopped at a little cafe off of the Turnpike, and had a lobster roll (claw count = 1) but, tonight, I want something more "substantial. Te seafood market in Middleboro has some nice lobsters at only $6.99/lb., so I buy a 2-pounder.
At 6:00PM, I'm enjoying the lobster, some grilled asparagus, and a nice bottle of Kim Crawford Unoaked Chardonnay...life is good!
Later...a campfire and a few glasses of CatDaddy White Whiskey before bed...a good day!

No comments: