Sunday, June 19, 2011

Bill & Ed's Excellent Adventure...Day 4...Saturday, June 18, 2011...Bruins Celebration/Ed From the Airport






This morning, well over a million hockey fans are pouring into Boston to celebrate the Bruins Stanley Cup win...this morning also happens to be when I have to pick up Ed at the airport. I've spent some time considering the options and decided that using public transportation is the way to go...that way, I avoid the crowds and Ed and I can spend some time in the city before heading to camp. By the time that I leave at 9:30AM to meet Ed's 11:30 plane, ALL of the train stations out here have been closed...parking is full and there are just too many people.
So...I'm off to the airport by car (or SUV). The traffic to the airport is surprisingly light, and Ed's plane is in early. By 11:4, we're on our way to our camp in Plymouth...opting to skip the crowds today and visit the city tomorrow. On the way to Plymouth, we stop for lunch and supplies.
At camp, we set up the tent and review my packing scheme so that each of us knows where things are located...sort of. After all of this effort, we are both thirsty, so we commence "cocktail hour" around 4:00. For dinner, Ed makes up a batch of Chicken Korma (delicious!) while I handle the rice. It's a great dinner...a fitting way to kick off the "Bill and Ed" part of Bill and Ed's Excellent Adventure.
After dinner, it's more cocktails (of course), lots of old stories and jokes until around 10:00...then Ed's off to spend his first night in the camper and I'm in a tent for the first time in over a year.

No comments: