Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Out West Day Three, Friday, July 24, 2009...Eau Claire to Jamestown, North Dakota




I'm up early, eager to hit the road. Dick and Diane, however, recommend leaving after 8:00AM in order to miss the rush hour traffic through Minneapolis. So...I have a nice little breakfast and more time to visit before getting on the road around 8:30AM.
A short stretch out of Wisconsin, through the Twin Cities and across Minnesota. This is a familiar route, both from last year's trip as well as last month's trip to North Dakota.
I get to the Jamestown campground around 4:30PM and set up camp before indulging in a cocktail before dinner. The tent camper next to me is Bobbie, and he has taken his Harley through the Glacier area just the week before...he's a terrific guy and very helpful sharing road conditions, terrain, good places to hike/camp.
For dinner, I throw a flank steak left over from the Picnic in a little "Dale's" marinade for an hour, grill it and cook up some Indomie brand Indonesian-style noodles. I've done a lot of research on different noodle brands for this trip, and Indomie is one of the best. They're not the salty, bland stuff you ate in college. These are served like pasta and they have six seasoning packets including sweet/thick soy sauce, hot chili oil, fried onions and garlic. They're perfect with the steak. All in all, a good meal.
After dinner, I share a fw beers around the campfire with my new buddy, Bobbie, before heading to bed around 11:00PM...big drive tomorrow.
I may not have photos uploaded for this or the next three entries or so...very slow upload speeds. But I'll repost with photos as soon as I can.

No comments: