Monday, July 25, 2011

Bill & Ed's Excellent Adventure...Day 38...Friday, July 22, 2011...Another Day in Terra Nova






Another morning that promises to more of the same...cold, windy and rainy. We've got electricity here so, under the protective back hatch of the camper, I'm able to make coffee and gain some shelter (albeit brief) from the elements.
Ed and I are sitting around in a light drizzle, drinking coffee and trying to figure out how to spend our day. Around 10:00, however, the clouds begin to blow away, and there is the faintest hint of sunshine...and warmth. Thus inspired, Ed and I decide on a hike along the water. There are some pretty views of the bay, but Ed and I are not really up for hiking in the woods...we want to be in the sunshine. So...we head back to camp and dry out some of the things (many things) that are wet.
We have a few leftovers for lunch, and I proceed over to the General Store...there's WiFi there. My laptop is acting up and there is much work to be done (emails, bills, blog, etc.)...before I know it, it's after 6:00.
Time for a hot shower and cocktails before a dinner of Ed's famous chili...all the better as a leftover. No fire pits in Terra Nova...so we just sit around the picnic table after dinner...I'm enjoying a nice cigar and a glass of CatDaddy North Carolina White Whiskey as the sun goes down.
Not much done today, but a good day nonetheless.
The rain starts again a little after sundown...it's too early for bed, so I tough it out for awhile in the drizzle. It's a losing battle...I'm in my tent and asleep before 10:00.

No comments: