Monday, July 21, 2008

Day 7...Monday, July 21, 2008...Calgary to Edmonton

Today I'm off to a late start heading from Calgary to Edmonton...a "short" drive of 150 miles or so.
I had a great dinner last night at the River Cafe...carpaccio of Elk and a Venison rib eye...excellent. I had hoped to visit the Cat and Fiddle bar, recommended by my friends Dick and Diane, but I just didn't have the strength after dinner.
This afternoon, I'll be reorganizing everything in the Escape in preparation for leaving tomorrow morning for Dawson Creek, my last stop in Alberta before entering British Columbia. It's cooler than I anticipated in the evening, so I need to get out a few pieces of my colder weather clothing (sweats, jackets, etc.). Also, because it's pretty desolate once I leave Edmonton, I want to make sure that I've pretty much got everything that I need (in terms of food, water, etc.) to get to Alaska.
You probably don't need this level of detail, but I changed my dressings last night and all of my "wounds" looked pretty good. I applied a "triple antibiotic" ointment and new dressings, so I'm good to go.

No comments: