Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Down South...Day 60 (Two Months!!!)...Thursday, January 28, 2010




I made contact with my friend Genie yesterday, and she invited me to come visit her in Clearwater today. I met her last year on one of my cruises down here. The day that I remember most is the day that I met Genie and several of her friends at the famous bar in Key West, The Bull, during a cruise stop in Key West. One of her friends, who shall remain nameless, asked our waitress at The Bull if it was true that Key West had recently enacted some very relaxed substance control laws. Thinking that this was a joke, our waitress said..."Sure, do whatever you want". So...Genie's friend proceeded to take full (and I mean full in the fullest sense) advantage of these "relaxed" laws. The management of The Bull was, to say the least, horrified...and proceeded to chase us into the street. I was left feeling most "disjointed".
So, now I'm heading from Ed and Molly's to Clearwater via the Courtney Campbell Causeway...a narrow strip of highway across the Bay connecting Tampa and Clearwater.
Genie's got a cold beer waiting before we head out for some grocery shopping...stone crab claws and sushi-grade tuna at a seafood market...then a stop at Publix for Potato Salad (of course!) and a skirt steak with that great Mojo marinade.
We have, of course, WAY too much food...we barely make it through the crab claws and tuna before we are stuffed.
Genie has some very friendly cats, including Calvin (age eighteen!!!!) and Digit (see photos)...they're great cats, but they make me lonely for Jonesy and Cleo.
After dinner, we sit outside on Genie's patio enjoying the evening...and a few glasses of wine before bed.

No comments: