Sunday, February 7, 2010

Down South...Day Sixty-Three...Sunday, January 31, 2010

We were all pretty beat last night, so everybody's sleeping in this morning. One by one, we stumble "bleary-eyed" into the kitchen for coffee. Molly whips up a welcome breakfast...eggs, bacon, toast...ah...soon I'm feeling normal again.
Not much going on today. I run Genie back to Clearwater and stop by Barnes & Noble to post a few blog updates. But the day goes by fast and, by the time that I'm heading back to Ed and Molly's, it's after 6:00PM. Astrid stops by, and we drink a few glasses of champagne sangria using the little "mix" that I made up earlier in the day.
This will be my last dinner in Tampa, so I wanted to go out with a "bang". I've picked up a pound and a half of Key West "Brown" Shrimp and marinated those in some Mojo Criollo...and...I got four and a half pounds of "Jumbo" Stone Crab Claws with mustard sauce. The four of us polish all of that off (along with the last of the Publix potato salad) over the course of an hour or so. It's a great meal...a fitting finish to my stay in Tampa.
In the evening, we catch the next to last football game of the season...the Pro Bowl. It's not exactly exciting football, but it's all we've got until the Super Bowl...and then...nothing until late August or so.
Tomorrow, I'll be rolling out of Tampa to Jacksonville to visit my friend, Vickie. It's been years (15?) since I've seen her, so I'm looking forward to my visit. It's just a short hop to Jacksonville, so I can stay up late and sleep in tomorrow.

No comments: