Sunday, February 7, 2010

Down South...Day Sixy-Four...Monday, February 1, 2010



I've got stuff scattered all over Ed and Molly's...bedroom, bathroom, garage, kitchen, patio, etc. So...packing up to leave takes a lot longer than I expected. Plus, I've had such a good time here that I'm subconsciously "lingering" because I hate to leave.
Shortly before noon, I'm finally packed up and ready to go. A final farewell to Ed, and I'm on the road. It's a pleasant drive...a little time north on I-75, then East across the state on smaller local roads. I stop for gas...stop for lunch...and...around 4:00PM or so, I'm at Vickie's. She's in a relatively new condo community, and it's really nice...pretty landscaping, fountains, a big clubhouse...very comfortable. Soon, Vickie and I are retelling all of our favorite football stories...all of the UM games, the trip to Dallas to see Doug Flutie in his last college game at the Cotton Bowl. We've had such great times over the years.
For dinner, Vickie treats me to a great meal at Capital Grill...coffee-rubbed prime strip steak, asparagus with Hollandaise, and a bottle of Carena Malbec. But wait!...they're out of the Catena...instead, the Manager agrees to substitute a Rothschild Malbec (worth twice as much as the Catena) for the same price...bonus time!
After dinner, it's back to Vickie's place for a little TV and Internet time. Vickie has work tomorrow, so it's an early nigh.

No comments: