Wednesday, June 20, 2012

"The Way West"...Day 7...Tuesday, June 19, 2012

A pleasant evening in Medora. I walked the half-mile from the campground into town and hit my three favorite local "watering holes"...Boot's, The Peanut Bar and The Little Missouri. Dinner at Boot's was a taco salad...not bad.
This morning, there's a heavy cloud cover...looks like rain. I make a nice breakfast of eggs, bacon, toast OJ, and coffee.
Theodore Roosevelt Park is divided into two units...north and south...separated by fifty miles. I've seen a little of the south unit, so today I drive up to the north unit in a heavy rain. Part of the "scenic" drive collapsed in early spring, so only six of fourteen miles are open. Not much to see or photograph on a chilly, dark and rainy day.
Back at camp, I get in a shower, post on the blog, and have an early dinner of the very last of the gumbo from my Picnic. Then it's back into town for another night of bar-hopping. The bartenders are friendly...people are talkative...it's a good night.
Sometime after midnight, I'm asleep in the camper. Long drive tomorrow...400+ miles to Bozeman, Montana. I am thankful for another day without "incident".











No comments: