Friday, June 22, 2012

"The Way West"...Day 8...Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Another fun night in Medora, but I call it an early evening...400 mile drive to Bozeman coming up tomorrow.
I'm up before sunrise and on the road to Bozeman. This will be my third visit to Bozeman. I like this town...college atmosphere (Montana State University), friendly people, good restaurants and a great Eagles Club.
It's a nice drive...all Interstate, overcast (but no rain) and lots of mountain ranges.
A little after 2:00PM, I'm in town and checking in at the local KOA campground. I've got time to check email, post to the blog and shower before heading downtown by cab. My first stop is "Plonk", the wine bar...friendly staff and lots of wine to choose from. All I've had to eat today is some potato chips and a package of peanut crackers, so I'm pretty hungry. Looie's Downunder has the best steaks in town, so I head over there for a salad with real homemade Green Goddess dressing, a 10 oz. filet with Gorgonzola mashed potatoes and several glasses of red wine.
After dinner, I head over to the Eagles Club. On my last visit here, in 2009, I met these two guys...Ken and Rob...who made it a point to introduce me to everyone at the Club...I really felt at home and had a great time. Alas, both Rob and Ken are not in on this evening. I do, however, make new friends in Arlene and Mike...who buy a few rounds of 16 oz. Bud drafts at $1.50 each. Once again, I feel at home here...and linger until close to midnight.
A cab back to camp, and I'm asleep within minutes.









No comments: