Saturday, September 1, 2012

"The Way West"...Day 77...Wednesday, August 29, 2012

It's my last day in Austin, and I should be enjoying it. But I'm really just wishing that it was tomorrow already...because tomorrow, I'll be heading to the Dallas area and meeting up with Roger and Gretchen.
So...this morning, I'm enjoying my morning coffee and cigar...pausing once and a while to pick up trash around my campsite and start packing things up.
Someone recommended a place for lunch, Maria's Taco Express, so I head over there around noon. It's mediocre at best...I've eaten such great Mexican food on this trip that I'm now spoiled.
After lunch, I spend the afternoon on errands...stop at the bank for cash...stop at the groceries for some food items and the all-important beer...grab a few bags of ice for the coolers. Then...an hour or two of reading followed by another hour or so on the Internet.
Around 5:00, I head down to the "Shady Grove" for a "Shady Thang" or two...or three. It's hot out, and these frozen drinks are going down real easy.
I'm not feeling particularly hungry tonight...and I definitely don't feel like driving to dinner. So...I walk a few minutes down the street to a little burger place and grab a bacon cheeseburger and a small order of fries...just what I need. I carry all of this back to camp and open a nice bottle of Pinot Noir to complement my dinner.
After dinner, it's the standard drill...television (including Frasier reruns), a few beers...sleep.


No comments: