Monday, September 10, 2012

"The Way West"...Day 86...Thursday, September 6, 2012

I'm awake at 6:00AM and, by 6:30, I'm on the road again...large coffee in hand. I've made this drive from Knoxville to home many times...it's the second leg off the "return from Florida" trip.
550 miles...out of Tennessee, through Kentucky, cross into Ohio at Cincinnati, up to Toledo...down the homestretch.
It's a pretty uneventful drive...I stop for gas a few times, but decide to defer breakfast/lunch so that I can arrive home sooner.
Like clockwork, I'm pulling in the driveway around 3:30PM.
My friends, Terri and Carl, have dropped off the cats yesterday...straightened up my place a little...stocked me up with basic groceries (eggs, bacon, milk and bread).
The cats are happy to see me...well...as happy as cats can be, I suppose.
I'm in my favorite chair, Bourbon in hand...Picasso Pizza delivery for dinner. Unpacking can wait...I'm beat.
It's good...really good...to be home at last.

The final "stats"...

Miles driven...11,467

Gallons of fuel consumed...736.61

Average fuel economy...15.5 miles/gallon

Hours of driving time...102.06

No comments: