Thursday, August 11, 2011

Bill & Ed's Excellent Adventure...Day 58...Friday, August 5, 2011...A Better Day Than Yesterday




Ok...a restless sleep last night, but eight hours nonetheless.
Coffee on again around 8:00AM...and some crackers for a light breakfast.
Around 10:00AM, I try calling Ace's cell phone again...and...it's a miracle...he answers! He pretty much confirms what the nurse/social worker told me...also that my brother has returned to California. I assure Ace that I will be "on my way soon"...home Sunday, unpack and repack, then arriving in Florida a week later on Monday. Things are, for the time-being, stabilized...and I can rest somewhat easier.
So...except for tomorrow night camping south of Toronto, this is the last day of my camping trip. One last gourmet meal in Quebec City...some more wine...then it's all over. There will be no driving the Gaspe Peninsula...no five-day stay in Montreal for more great restaurants (including the great Montreal smoked meat sandwich at Chez Schwartz)...but it is what it is...mom comes first.
Our choice for lunch is an up-scale bistro in an up and coming suburb of Quebec City...L'Utopie in the La Roche section. Ed drives so that I don't have to confront the "scary bridge" again...and...around noon, we're parking near the location of L'Utopie. Only, there's no L'Utopie...it's gone...closed...and there's a new place there...Le Cercle.
It's pretty decent...a nice salad, some soup...and another piece of "boeuf"...this time a cut of flank steak...and, of course, much red wine. Then...off to the aquarium for the bus to the city. Ed's got a lot of film to shoot, so I opt to settle in at a friendly tavern for the afternoon. Still more wine...and a stop (and a photo) at an unusually-named clothing store...until Ed returns in two hours or so.
Back at our camp, Ed and I are packing up for home. One last "camping meal"...some more wine...bed. It's going to be an early morning and a long day tomorrow.

No comments: