Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Florida Bound...Day 1...Saturday, August 13, 2011...A Fun Day/Night with Gretchen and Roger




So...over two months on the road camping, and I got a whole five days at home. Five days of unloading, unpacking, cleaning, laundry, etc.
And now...I'm on the way to Florida...with a little stop first in Portage Lake. I'm out the door with a wave to the cats at around 11:00AM. I'm heading about 200 miles south and east to Portage Lake where Roger and Gretchen have their motor home parked for the summer.
At 3:30PM, I'm there and, at 3:31, I'm enjoying a cold Heineken as the reward for the drive. Jasmyn arrives...then my friends, Dan and Sheila...and some old friends that I haven't seen in almost ten years, "Buzz" and Laura. It's a great time with thick grilled steaks, much red wine and great company...just what I need as I embark on my mission to Florida. Around 11:00PM, because it's dark out and we've had lots of wine, we decide that it's the perfect time for a boat ride. So...soon, we're gliding across Portage Lake in the moonlight aboard Roger and Gretchen's pontoon boat. On the other side of the lake, we moor outside a friendly tavern and enjoy several glasses of red wine before heading back to camp.
A great day.

No comments: