Sunday, December 27, 2009

Down South...Day Twenty-Two...Monday, December 21, 2009...Fairhope to Tampa

I'm up fairly early this morning...it's a long drive to Tampa. Ron comes by the hotel around 8:00AM or so, and we have breakfast in the lobby...juice, cereal, yoghurt, breakfast sandwiches, coffee. Ron and I are still retelling old stories of our exploits during the Notre Dame area...still fun.
By 9:30AM, I'm on the road to Tampa. It's a fairly interesting drive, but it's a LONG way across the Panhandle on I-10 before hooking up with I-75. I get to Ed and Mollie's around 6:30PM, quickly unpack and relax with a Stoli on the rocks. Ed and Molly have cooked a pork shoulder, so we shred some of that up for BBQ sandwiches...good.
Molly's got to work tomorrow; I'm tired from the drive; and Ed's tired as well...so it's an early night for all of us.

No comments: