Thursday, August 30, 2012

"The Way West"...Day 75...Monday, August 27, 2012

Like several other cities that I've visited on this trip, Austin has a lively "food truck scene". So...this morning, after coffee, I drive about two miles to a stretch of highway where there are two "clusters" of food trucks First, I stop for a huge shredded beef taco ($3.00) at the "Izzoz" taco truck...excellent. Then, down the road a bit to "Phatso's" for a Philly Cheesesteak with provolone...pretty darn authentic for Texas. Then, back up the road to "Gourdough's" for a huge freshly-made doughnut...man...I am stuffed!
Back at camp, I've got work to do. As I mentioned before, the 110 degree temperatures were not kind to some of the things stored in both the Explorer as well as the camper. So...I unpack everything from the camper. That bottle of Bailey's has leaked a considerable amount of very sticky stuff all over one side of my mattress. Unpacking that, I see that there is more damage than expected...bottles of CatDaddy and Grand Marnier have also exploded. And, for the next few hours, I'm cleaning things off and repacking...my sheets are in the washer. Around 4:00PM, I'm finally finished...everything cleaned up and repacked...clean sheets back on the mattress.
One of my new friends from the RV Park stops by and invites me to join him for a few beers at "Billy's Brew & Cue", right next to the Park. They've got two lagers on draft, so I'm happy. There's a fun group at the bar at Billy's...and I lose count of how many beers I've had.
Back to camp...some more work on the Internet (blog, bills, etc.). Around 7:00PM, I'm hungry, so I head down the street to Chuy's for a few Margaritas and an excellent plate of Enchiladas.
Back to camp...a few beers...a few "Frasier" reruns...bed.





No comments: