Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Camping Out West...Day 13...Tuesday, June 29, 2010...Desert Drive






Before I forget, I'm posting a photo of a furry friend I came across on my way out of Rocky Mountain National Park.
Back at camp last night, I cooked up a great double bacon cheeseburger for dinner...excellent. Some folks from Racine, Wisconsin are camping next to me. They came in night before last and were as skilled in backing in their pop-up camper as I am with the Little Guy. I lent them my trailer dolly and helped them back their camper into their camping spot. So...last night, they invited me over for s'mores...and they (she) mad some great ones.
This morning, I decided to drive over to 4 Corners National Monument where Arizona, Colorado, New Mexico and Utah all meet...tacky and touristy, but worth a photo. Alas, after a 40 mile drive, it was closed. So...I drove around in the desert for two hours or so...very peaceful and calming.
Eventually, I ended up at Hovenweep National Monument...more Puebloan cliff dwellings...not as big as Mesa Verd, but still impressive.
Afer this post, I'm heading back to camp to pack up. Tomorrow, I leave for Moab, Utah and Arches National Park.

No comments: