Friday, June 25, 2010

Camping Out West...Day 9...Friday, June 25, 2010...Hiking to Alberta Falls...Packing Up for the Trip to Mesa Verde






I'm up at dawn this morning, making coffee. I want to get an early start because I want to hike up to Alberta Falls in the morning. Then, I've got to start packing everything up to be able to leave early tomorrow morning for Mesa Verde National Park.
I catch the Shuttle right across from my campground for the ride to the trailhead of the Glacier Basin Trail. It's a beautiful day for hiking. The hike to Alberta Falls is only about a mile, but it's a tough hike...mostly uphill. It takes me over an hour to get up to the falls...beautiful! I reward my success with a Snickers bar and a liter of water. The hike back, all down hill, is easy.
Back at camp, I clean out, reorganize and sanitize my cooler (preventative maintenance). Then it's into town for ice and firewood.
Right now, I'm at the Beaver Meadows Guest Center using their Wi-Fi. When I post this entry, I'll be heading back to camp. I've got a whole checklist for this afternoon in order to be ready to head out tomorrow morning for my next stop...Mesa Verde National Park.
More news later...

"Monumental event" clue#4...
It lasts eight days...in the desert...of northern Nevada...celebrating art and music.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Burning Man... Is the answer to the monumental event Burning Man?

Love you, Jasmyn!!

Unknown said...

straight from the source Great items from you, man. I have take into account your stuff previous to and you are just too excellent. I actually like what you've got here, take a look at the site here really like what you are stating and the way in which in which you assert it. You are making it enjoyable and you still care for to stay it sensible. that site
I cant wait to learn far more from you. That is actually a tremendous site. the original source