Friday, June 18, 2010

Camping out West...Day One...Thursday, June 17, 2010


A late start this morning...I was "Spiked" last night. Right around bedtime (10:30PM), Spike dropped in...she's always welcome. A few Martinis and a grilled cheese sandwich later, I was getting into bed after midnight. So...instead of heading out at 6:00AM, I was just waking up. No problem...I'm on the road at 8:00.
I've only driven the"Little Guy" a total of 40 miles or so before this morning, but no problems. It's steady on the road...no "swaying", just a little "hopping" due to the placement of expansion joints on the highway.
I blow across Michigan, Indiana, across Illinois and into Iowa. At 6:00PM or so, I arrive at my campground in West Des Moines, Iowa.
A simple dinner...some feta, a little dukka, some olives. Plus, I swill down to icy cold Margaritas...excellent.

No comments: