Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Camping Out West...Day 6...Tuesday, June 22, 2010...An Easy Hike...Equipment Malfunction






I was up bright and early this morning at 6:00AM...brewed coffee...ate a bowl of cereal for breakfast.
By 8:00AM, I was out hiking the trail near Lake Moraine...pretty easy at 1.5 miles each way on level ground. Got some nice photos as well.
After the hike, I stopped by the Visitor's Center, which has a great Wi-Fi connection, to check emails, pay bills, post blog entries, etc.
For lunch, I cooked up a batch of those great Indomie noodles...spicy! With the noodles, I had a piece of leftover Tandoori chicken and a Coke.
I spent a very leisurely afternoon updating my expense log and starting a new book...I finished "The Big Burn" yesterday. So now I'm reading "Track of the Cat" by Nevada Barr. It's one of a series featuring Park Ranger Anna Pidgeon...so far, an interesting mystery.
Around 5:00PM, it was cocktail time, and I shook myself up an icy-cold Stoli Martini with olives...refreshing! II grilled a big ribeye, along with some fingerling potatoes and an Anaheim pepper, for dinner and washed that down with a bottle of Catena Malbec...a VERY satisfying dinner.
After dinner was campfire time (the leftover coals from the grill make the perfect starter) with a glass of Catdaddy White Whiskey...very tasty (slightly sweet with notes of nutmeg).
One note of potential disaster...my iPod just quit when I tried attaching it up to my little portable boombox...a completely blank screen. Tomorrow, I'll have to head down to the Visitor's Center and get logged on to iTunes to try to find a fix. It will be a very LONG, not to mention boring, trip without music!
iPod excepted, all in all...a good day.
Also, here is clue #2 on that "monumental event" coming up...
It lasts eight days...in the desert.

No comments: