Sunday, January 31, 2010

Down South...Day Fifty-Seven...Monday, January 25, 2010

Busy day today. Mom's new homeowner's insurance is in place, but the premiums are sky-high because the roof has not been inspected for "wind insurance". So...today...I have cleverly arranged for the roof to be inspected while Mom is at the hairdressers...otherwise, I doubt that she'd let the guy in. I drop Mom off at noon and head home for a 1:00PM appointment. The inspector is there promptly at 1:00, and the inspection goes very well. The roof was replaced three or four years ago after hurricane damage, and they did a very good job. Mom (me) qualifies for all of the applicable discounts which should cut the homeowner's premium by up to a grand...nice!
Then...it's back to pick up Mom. We stop for lunch at a new dock complex on the water, and it's nice. We sit outside, enjoy a few rum drinks and enjoy a pretty decent lunch.
After I drop Mom off, I head off to Barnes & Noble for some Internet work...bills, Facebook, emails...and a few Blog entries. Before I know it...it's almost 4:00PM...gotta head home to get ready for an early dinner.
We all go to dinner at the Stuart Ale House...a nice little place. It's "lobster night", so both Mom and I decide to order two 1 1/4 pounders each...we love our lobster! Ace has his usual salmon dinner, and we're all happy.
Now completely stuffed, we head home...more TV, a few beers...be.

No comments: