Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Down South...Day Thirty-Six...Monday, January 4, 2010


Another great night's sleep...up around 9:00M for morning coffee, newspaper, CNN.
Ed is using the leftover ham bone from a Honey-Baked Ham to make bean soup...it's a great lunch washed down with a glass of red wine left over from Sunday night.
I spend the late morning and early afternoon at Barnes & Noble...taking advantage of their free Wi-Fi to catch up on emails, blog posts, etc.
Late in the afternoon, Ed and I head out to do a little grocery shopping...some sea scallops and asparagus for dinner. Molly is home around 6:00PM and, after a few glasses of vino, we commence dinner.
Ed cooks the asparagus on the grill drizzled with a little EV olive oil, kosher salt and pepper...yum. I sear the scallops in a cast iron skillet and deglaze the pan with Grand Marnier, tangerine juice and zest, and a little butter...an excellent dish with a few glasses of New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc.
Then...another fun evening of football...although, at this point, I having trouble remembering who was playing. Oh yea...Boise State and TCU...good game, although I was rooting for TCU to win.
I'm still working my way through that flat of Plant City strawberries...great with Haagen-Dazs vanilla ice cream!

No comments: