Saturday, January 2, 2010

Down South...Day Thirty...Tuesday, December 29, 2009...Back to Tampa!





By 10:00AM, I'm on the phone with the insurance agent and downloading the last of the forms to be signed. A couple of signatures and a few initials from Mom, and everything is ready to be faxed. A quick trip to the local FedEx/Kinko's, and now I'm on the road to Tampa.
Rolling west on Route 60, I'm going back through the phosphate mining and sugar cane fields of central Florida. Sugar cane growers burn the fields after harvest, so it's not unusual to see a few fires along this route. Around 1:00PM or so, I'm in the town of Plant City...the "Strawberry Capital of the World" (or so they claim). I stop at my favorite place...Parkesdale's...for a great strawberry milk shake and a large flat of ripe juicy strawberries.
By 2:15PM, I'm back at Ed and Molly's where Ed and I start planning our shopping/cooking schedule for the big New Year's Eve bash. The next two days will be busy ones...but Jenny the cat has offered to help.
We're all tired, so we get a pizza delivered for dinner...open a few bottles of red...watch a little football. Life is good.

No comments: