Friday, January 15, 2010

Down South...Day Forty-One...Saturday, January 9, 2010...Ft. Myers



When I roll out of bed at around 9:30AM or so, Cousin Bill's got a cup of coffee and a great breakfast burrito ready.
My friend, Astrid, has called...she's in town with a friend from Long Island and wants to get together for lunch. We all meet at "Clickers Crab House"...a few rum drinks later, and I'm feeling pretty good. We all order Stone Crabs for lunch, and they're pretty good...my first of the trip!
Back at Bill and Nancy's, I settle in for a few beers before dinner. Bill has put together a great Middle Eastern meal of lentils with spinach and feta plus some nice little lamb kefta...very tasty (if healthy).
After lunch, Bill and I sit around...drinking wine and telling old family stories. y midnight, I'm the only person awake...so...it's off to bed.

No comments: