Sunday, August 3, 2008

Day 20...Back to Ninilchik





Today just seemed like a very long day. We were up early and had biscuits (you gotta love a dutch oven), eggs and bacon for breakfast...also some "Bill's roast" coffee in the French press.
It seemed like it took forever to pack up this morning...we've got so much stuff. We finally left Homer around 4:00PM and got to Ninilchik around 5:30PM or so. We're staying at the Inlet View "Rustic" (very) cabins.
Tomorrow, we're floating down the Kenai River and fishing all day...then on to Seward!
I was so worried about my gold that I didn't sleep at all the whole night. I cut a hole in the bottom of my tent and buried my gold. I thought that it would be safe there, but I was wrong. I went for a walk after breakfast and when I got back to camp, I saw Paul coming out of my tent with something in his hand. When he saw me, he put whatever he had in his hand in his pocket real fast. He said he was "straightening up" my tent, but I know that was not true because I straightened it up myself before I went for my walk. As soon as Paul was gone, I dug up my gold...and...sure, there was gold on the top but the rest was SAND. Now I finally know who's been stealing my gold! They are my friends, but I will do whatever I have to do to protect my gold! Laer I heard Paul and Hunter talking about going to Hawaii after they get back from Alaska...sure they are...with my gold!

More later...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

WOW!!! So Paulie really does like Yukon Golds!!


Hi Hunter....looks like fun out there sweetie!

Unknown said...

It sounds like someone has just a touch of gold fever... Hunter, you be careful: if they turn on you just throw a moose at them.
:0)
Are you sure Cleo didn't stow away? It sounds more like her style. And after all the years you made her deliver newspapers to pay for her Meow Mix she might just have a grudge.

JOSE BARCO said...

Mucho frio