Sunday, August 31, 2008

Day 45...Thursday, August 28, 2008...Banff to Kamloops


I left Banff a little late heading west and south again as I continue my route back to the U.S. I got to Kamloops, British Columbia around 5:00PM after another "mountain drive"...man, do these mountains ever end?! I have to say that the big difference here (Alberta/British Columbia) is that the quality of the roadways is excellent...all paved, nice guardrails, divided for long stretches, etc. It was a pretty drive, particularly the area around Salmon Arm, B.C. where the Salmon River flows into Lake Shuswap...lots of boats (particularly houseboats) and pretty views of the river/lake.
I didn't keep my camera handy when I blew out of Banff, so I've only got one photo...of Kamloops.
My hotel was a few miles out from downtown Kamloops, so I walked around my hotel area in search of a spot to have dinner. The first place that I came to was "J & K Sushi", and I had to make a decision...was Kamloops, B.C. a place where I wanted to try some sushi? I thought, "hey, why not", and I was amply rewarded for that decision. The sushi at J & K was great! I had the freshest sockeye salmon ever and toro (belly tuna) that melted in my mouth...washed down with some nice sake served at room temperature. I ate heartily, now firmly back to civilization.

No comments: