Sunday, August 3, 2008

Day 19..."Spit Rats"





They call people who camp on the Homer Spit, "Spit Rats" and, now that we've camped for a night, Paul, Hunter and I are officially "Rats".
We fished for a couple of hours at the "Fishing Hole", but we didn't have much luck. There had to be a hundred or more people fishing in the same small area...and nobody else seemed to have much either.
We had a great dinner...we found some fresh "Kachemak Bay" oysters at a little store and washed those down with a nice sauvignon blanc from New Zealand. Then we grilled up some tandoori chicken and served that with a bottle of 2005 Bordeaux...excellent!
We went gold panning again, and although I thought I did well, it seemed like Paul and Hunter did much better. I mean, it almost seemed like some of my gold was missing, but I know that that's not possible...who would take it?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Spit Rats hunh? Are they going to be on the menu next summer? (just kidding: everyone knows you don't cook rats on a spit, you fry them :0)

I heard there were going to be Moose picture? Did I miss them?
I am so glad you guys are having fun!