Sunday, August 24, 2008

Day 39, August 22, 2008...Back Down the Alaskan Highway to Watson Lake

I was up early this morning to head out from Whitehorse back down the Alaskan Highway to Watson Lake.
Weather was absolutely gorgeous...sunny but still a little chilly.
I stopped at an Art Gallery on the way out of town to buy several pieces of Inuit art (sculptures of bears and moose)...very nice. The owner enjoyed my story about how I saw the Fritz Mueller photo of Tombstone in the window of her shop, and how it motivated me to actually go there and see for myself.
The drive was uneventful except for several caribou who,being shy by nature, darted back in the woods before I could get any photos.
I arrived in Watson Lake late in the afternoon, stayed at the same hotel as on my way up, had an unremarkable dinner, and headed to bed.
Tomorrow, I'm heading to Liard Hot Springs (a late "Executive Decision")...that means that I'll be heading back down south on the Alaskan Highway instead of the Cassiar Highway.

No comments: