Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Day 21...Kenai River Float Trip






This morning, we drove from Ninilchik to Cooper Landing to meet Paul's niece, Jen, and her boyfriend, Shawn, to float down the Kenai River on their catamaran to fish and view some really awesome scenery (see photos). I was lucky early in the day to catch a small Rainbow Trout, but we had no luck the rest of the day...no problem, the views from the river were beautiful and a little river time was most relaxing.
After our float trip, we cooked some tandoori chicken, rice and more in a little park near the boat launch before heading off to Seward to sleep on the "Rainisong", our fishing charter boat for tomorrow!
I had not slept for three days and nights because I was worried that Paul and Hunter would get into my tent and steal my gold. But early this morning, I could not stay awake any longer and passed out in my tent. Not long after, I felt Paul and Hunter's hands on me, and I thought that they were saying: Where's that gold"! But as I struggled awake, I realized that they were saying: "Hey dude, wake up, you've been having some kind of nightmare the last couple of days". It was then that I realized that there was no gold...it was all only a dream. That's a good thing because Paul and Hunter are my best buddies...and we've got more than a week to go together in Alaska!

No comments: