Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Day 42, Monday, August 25, 2008...Dawson Creek to Jasper, Alberta






I left early this morning bound for Jasper, Alberta. Weather was good...sunny, certainly warmer than the Yukon.
The first 150 miles or so of road was a flat winding ribbon through the prairie land of western British Columbia into Alberta. The next 150 miles or so took me into, over and around the foothills of the Rockies.
I got to Jasper around 3:00PM in the afternoon and checked into the Tonquin Inn...a nice place except for the very slow Internet connection. I walked into town...lots of souvenir shops...fudge shops, etc. I did find the Jasper Brewing Company where I enjoyed several glasses of their excellent pilsner. The best steak place in town was right next to my lodge, so I stopped in there for prime rib...that made probably the 20th prime rib dinner that I've had over the 42 days that I've been gone.
I'm looking forward to tomorrow's drive. I'll be taking the "Icefields Parkway" about 130 miles from Jasper to Banff right through the heart of the Rockies.

1 comment:

Tiger said...

Hey is that the sun on the side of that hill? Looks awesome! Like it is molten lava.