Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Day 23...Minor Cell Phone Disaster...Kenai Princess Lodge!



A minor disaster heading out of the Kenai Lake area...left the cell phone on the roof of the Escape...only about a hundred cars/trucks/SUV's/Campers ran over it. Got a replacement in Seward...good to go, but send your numbers to my e-mail address...niles2@yahoo.com.
Kenai Princess Lodge is awesome ...I'm taking a three-hour shower later.
Tomorrow...back to Anchorage to repack...then on to Denali...the ultimate hiking experience!
Another tip for all of you who may visit Alaska in the future...we stopped at a "Dunkin Doughnuts this morning, and I made the big mistake of ordering a "bear claw" to go. We got about three miles down the highway before I opened the bag...I only saw a glimpse of fur and some blood...then we threw it out...I felt like a dumb tourist!

No comments: