Saturday, July 31, 2010

Camping Out West...Day 38...Saturday, July 24, 2010...A Visit to Fresno...Trouble in El Salvador





A pretty easy day today...my last in Sequoia National Park. I took a short hike in the morning, then decided to drive forty miles or so to Fresno to pick up groceries, find Wi-Fi, get gas, etc.
Meanwhile, my friends from El Salvador have gotten themselves on the wrong side of the Rangers here at the campground. Loud music after 10:00PM (I liked the music...a view not shared by other campers). Then there was the hacking down of several small trees for firewood. My Ranger friend, Brandon, finally came over and wrote them a $100.00 citation.
Returning from Fresno, I got everything packed up for tomorrow's drive up to Kings Canyon National Park. That will be a forty mile or so drive up Dry Creek Road...up through the mountains. Should be interesting.
For dinner, I made one of my best camping meals ever...peeled, sliced, salted and drained some eggplant which I then fried in olive oil. Then took a slice and added chopped tomatoes, oregano and cheese...topped that with another slice of eggplant...sealed several "packages" of that in foil...and cooked them on the grill...excellent!

No comments: