Saturday, July 31, 2010

Camping Out West...Day 40...Monday, July 26, 2010...A day for Laying Low






I'm feeling a little "under the weather" this morning. Not sick, just very tired...could be allergies...or maybe too much activity the last few days.
In any case, I decide to take a day off from hiking. Instead, I drove fifteen miles or so out of the Park to the "Big Cats Sanctuary" which Jonesie had highlighted in my guidebook. This place takes in "big cats" (lions, tigers, etc.) from zoos and private owners and provides them with a reasonably comfortable environment.
It was quite a tour with lions, tigers, leopards, bobcats, etc. A nice way to spend a quiet afternoon away from hiking.
Back at camp, I took a two hour nap and awakened feeling somewhat better. My Dutch friends stopped over for awhile, but it was another early evening. I cooked up some ravioli with some bottled "vodka sauce" from Mario Batali...good!
In bed and sound asleep again by 9:00PM.

No comments: