Saturday, July 31, 2010

Camping Out West...Day 41...Tuesday, July 27, 2010...Down, Deep Down Into Kings Canyon






My Ranger friend, Brandon from Sequoia, highly recommended the drive from the top of Kings Canyon down to the Cedar Grove area...about thirty miles...so that's where I'm headed.
I slept late this morning...9:00AM...and I'm back to feeling like my old self again. I brew up some coffee...a bowl of cereal...and I'm ready for the drive.
The road down into the Canyon is winding...lots of sheer drop-offs, but almost all downhill. Halfway there, I'm already thinking about the drive back out...which is going to be mostly uphill. It's only thirty miles, but the drive takes me close to an hour and a half.
Arriving at Cedar Grove, I immediately grab a great campsite (another pull-through!) Once I set up camp, I'm off for a hike round Zumwalt Meadow...about a two mile loop trail. It's a fun hike...through the forest, around the meadow, then up and over some hilly and rocky terrain near the end. No animal sightings, but a great hike nonetheless.
Later, I stop by the Visitor's Center and get more information for hiking tomorrow...then over to the General Store for ice.
Back at camp, I'm relaxing with a cold Margarita before another pasta dinner.
Another great day "in the wild".

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hello would you mind letting me know which hosting company you're utilizing? straight from the source I've loaded your blog in 3 different browsers and I must say this blog loads a lot faster then most. take a look at the site here Can you suggest a good internet hosting provider at a fair price? that site Many thanks, I appreciate it! that site