Thursday, July 15, 2010

Camping Out West...Days 27-28...Tuesday/Wednesday...July 13-14, 2010...Zion National Park






Tuesday morning I'm up early to make coffee, pack up a few loose items and hit the road for the three-hour drive from Bryce Canyon to Zion National Park...a very relaxing drive through some pretty scenery.
I enter Zion from the east, and there's a lot of construction...long waits. Then there's the mile-long tunnel...the brutal switchbacks...very bumpy roads way up high.
Once again, I am lucky to find a campsite...and, it's a pull-through. Once I've detached the camper, I head 25 miles into Hurricane, Utah for supplies...meds and a few things at Wal Mart, food and "real" beer at the grocery and State Liquor Store.
Back at camp, it's penne with marinara sauce and Italian sausage for dinner...yum. Then a glass or two of CatDaddy before bed.
Wednesday, I take the Park shuttle to the end to hike "the Narrows"...or at least part of them. It's a very narrow canyon...lots of water...wading, etc. I don't go too far in, but the hike there was a nice mile and a half or so...beautiful scenery.
No driving in this Park...shuttle bus only.
I grill a Filet and grill some potatoes for dinner...with a little vino...great.

No comments: