Monday, July 12, 2010

Camping Out West...Days 25/26...Sunday/Monday...July 11-12, 2010...A Relaxing Sunday






A very relaxing Sunday yesterday...slept late, made coffee, drove more of the Park for photos, read (I've already finished five books, including a great biography of Andrew Jackson's Presidential years, and I'm on my sixth).
I grilled some more Tandoori chicken last night and had that with some Indonesian noodles and a nice bottle of Italian Pinot Noir.
Today has been busier...up early...repacked the Escape, cleaned out and repacked both coolers...had lunch at Bryce Canyon Lodge, picked up ice...now doing online stuff at the Visitor's Center.
I'll be up early again tomorrow morning and on the road to Zion National Park.

More "equipment failures" to report...sole came off of one of my deck shoes, welds broke on my notebook grill, 12 volt battery for my camper isn't charging (so...no light and no vent fan)...nothing major, but irritating nonetheless.
I also made a huge "packing error" and left a lot of my meds behind...Nasacort spray, Claritin, vitamins, etc. I've got enough of most things to get me through a couple of days and, tomorrow, I'll be near Hurricane, Utah where there's a Wal-Mart.

No comments: