Sunday, August 23, 2009

Out West Day 26, Sunday, August 16, 2009...Jackson Hole, Wyoming





I'm sleeping late this morning...my first night in a bed in over a week feels good...real good. And...a shower...heaven.
Around 11:00AM, I drive into town for lunch at the Merry Piglet (Mexican)...another recommendation from my friend, Patrice. A "top-shelf" Margarita, a soft carnitas taco and a green chile enchilada later, I'm feeling pretty good.
There's a big Art Fair in town, so I wander over there for awhile. Nice stuff, but...wow...really pricey. Walking through the main square, I can't help but notice a hand-lettered sign reading "Free Hugs"...what a nice idea. I get one, and it feels good! I spot a bookstore and go in there. I've just finished "Theodore Rex", a biography of Teddy Roosevelt's Presidential years. It's the second volume of a trilogy, and I now want the first installment..."The Making of Theodore Roosevelt". I'm in luck...they have it.
From there, I head over to "The Million Dollar Bar" and "saddle up" for a few beers. After that, a nap is definitely in order before dinner. Awakening, refreshed, around 7:00PM and head over to "The Gun Barrel" for dinner. I've been told that they have the best Buffalo Prime Rib in town...they do. It's about as good a piece of Prime Rib as I've had...perfectly cooked, juicy...lots of flavor. The Gun Barrel is about 3/4 of a mile from my hotel, so I get a nice walk before and after dinner.
Back at the hotel, I read for an hour or two...then sleep.

No comments: