Monday, August 17, 2009

Out West Day 16...Thursday, August 6, 2009...Down the Gallatin to Yellowstone...Dude, That's My Motel!




Another late night at the Eagles in Bozeman, so I'm moving a little slow this morning. By the time that I pack up and get on the road, it's early afternoon.
It's a beautiful drive from Bozeman to West Yellowstone along the Gallatin River, but it rains intermittently. I get to the Wes Yellowstone Park entrance around 3:00PM and find that all of the campsites are full...so...it's a hotel tonight. Swinging back into West Yellowstone, I find a room for the night at the luxurious "Dude Motel" where I have the following exchange...
ME: "Dude, you have any rooms available tonight?".
DESK CLERK: "You're in luck, dude. We have one room left".
ME: "Dude, I'll take it".
DESK CLERK: "You got it, dude".
After checking in and unloading, I head across the street to "Bullwinkles" for a few cocktails before dinner. Later, I walk further into town for dinner at Sydney's Mountain Bistro...a very pleasant place. I have a big grilled Ribeye with garlic mashed potatoes, a Caesar salad, and several glasses of a very good Malbec. Now full, I head back to Bullwinkles for a nightcap or two before heading off to bed. The Park Ranger at the gate recommended that I get to my campground (Norris) no later than 8:00AM in order to get a spot.

No comments: