Thursday, August 27, 2009

Out West Day 29...Wednesday, August 19, 2009...Grand Teton National Park...Jenny Lake Campground





The temperature this morning is the warmest in weeks...I'm thinking high 50's/low 60's. This allows me to have my morning coffee outside instead of sitting in the Escape with the heat on.
This seems like a good day for a hike, so I pack up my hiking stuff and head out from camp along the Jenny Lake Trail. It's an easy one around the lake...pretty flat.I'm getting some good photos of the mountains which are pretty hard to miss. After three hours or so of hiking, I'm ready for lunch. So...I head back to camp and cook up a batch of those great Indomie noodles with some leftover steak...a good lunch.
I read for an hour or two, then take a break and head over to the General Store for ice. I've got two coolers with me...a new Coleman "Ultimate Extreme" for food and a smaller regular Coleman for beverages. The Ultimate Extreme is working out well...a 12lb. block of ice is lasting 4 days plus. The beverage cooler, however, requires ice every day or so.
Another hour or two of reading, and it's Cocktail Time...I'm in the mood for red wine, so I open a bottle of Italian Pinot Noir, and it's tasting really good. The Escape is so densely packed that things in the middle stay cool, even in the hot sun.
Dinner is a batch of Thai Green Curry with sliced pork and some fresh corn cut off the cob...and a batch of Basmati rice. A good meal.
Then, a nice fire, more wine...time for bed.

No comments: