Monday, August 17, 2009

Out West Day 17...Friday, August 7, 2009...Norris Campground

I'm up at 6:00AM and on the road a little after 7:00AM. About fifteen miles or so into the Park, I realize that I do not have my cell phone...it's somewhere back in West Yellowstone...panic. Now I have to make an "Executive decision"...turn around and go back or continue to the campground and go back later. I opt to continue on to the campground. Arriving at Norris Campground, I am lucky to find a campsite right away. So, I register for seven days and start setting up camp. Once settled in, I head back to West Yellowstone. First stop...the "Dude", but no luck. So...back over to Bullwinkles and, fortunately, the bartender has my phone. I didn't see it the night before because it was obscured by many empty "Jaeger" shots.
Heading back to Norris, I've eaten up a good part of the day on my cell phone hunt. It's overcast and rainy (again), so I decide to just hang around my campsite and do some reading. Having finished three books already, I'm now on my fourth..."The Devil in the White City" about the 1893 World's Fair, and the struggle of the architect, Daniel Burnham, to put it all together (he was successful, and the Fair stamped Chicago as a "world-class" city).
Not much to report today besides reading, grilled cheese sandwich for lunch, and a steak for dinner.

No comments: