Monday, August 2, 2010

Camping Out West...Day 47...Monday, August 2, 2010...Taking Charge of My Health


Ed and I are both up early again...7:00AM...coffee's ready.
Molly and Chris are driving up today...should be here around noon or so.
Shannon, along with David, make another wonderful breakfast...Kodiak pancakes, eggs, bacon...excellent.
After breakfast, I decide to drive down to LA to fill my prescription at Westside Holistic Remedy in LA. At 10:00AM, traffic is light, and I drive the thirty miles or so in about 40 minutes. There's parking close by, and soon, I'm at my "pharmacy". I hand over my prescription and my photo ID...no problem. They "buzz me in"...and...soon, I'm looking over their selection. Never one to "penny pinch" when it comes to my health, I select only the very best. The "pharmacist" recommends J-31 ("it's like a frickin rocket, man) and, as a lifelong fan of Jimi Hendrix, I've got to get the "Purple Haze" as well. They also have a "chunkier", more resiny medicine called "Hindu Kush", so I get some of that as well. Soon, it's all bagged up, and they run my debit card...no problem!
Back at Shannon's, Molly and Chris have arrived...time for lunch...more chicken pitas, pita pizzas, leftover Thai...it's all good.
With regular power for a change, I plug in and roast coffee for the rest of the trip.
Shannon is also kind enough to let me do two loads of laundry...clean clothes again!
Now we're sitting around having a few cocktails ahead of dinner. We've marinated some skirt steak in adobo marinade...refried beans...a salad...it's gonna be good!
Also, it's David's birthday, so we got a few gifts as well as his favorite pie for later.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Bill, your trip couldn't be more entertaining and packed with fun!
I think I need to take better care of MY health too!