Sunday, August 22, 2010

Camping Out West...Day 65...Friday, August 20, 2010...Dude, It's All About the Trees, Man






This morning is every bit as chilly, foggy and damp as last night.
I'm hungry this morning...and...since I'm close to "civilization", decide to drive into the town of Orick for breakfast. There's a nice little cafe advertising breakfast, so, I'm in. Coffee, a glass of milk, two piecs of French toast...$13.50! Well...I figure that they need to charge those prices in order to afford the $3.84/gallon gas at the only gas station in town.
After breakfast, I head right into the Park...first to the Visitor's Center (souvenirs!), then on to the "Lady Bird Johnson Grove" of trees. It's a nice little one-mile loop trail through the trees...it's cool, quiet (all by myself), and the light filtering down through the trees is beautiful...as are the trees. They are not as big around as Sequoias, but they are much taller...awesome. Back in the Escape, I drive further into the Park...more loop trails, more trees...all awesome.
By now, it's already after 3:00PM...time to head back to the RV Park...post some blogs.
More pasta for dinner...more wine. Retreat inside the camper...book...beer...XM radio...a nic evening.

No comments: