Friday, August 20, 2010

Camping Out West...Day 57...Thursday, August 12, 2010...Leaving Yosemite

I made extra coffee yesterday afternoon, so I've got a cup right away out of the thermos at 7:00AM.
I'm taking my time because hitching up the camper promises to be a challenge. In order to get into my campsite, I had to pull way in, detach the camper and wheel it over to one side. This allowed me to get the Escape out, but put the camper in a position where it has to be "wheeled" out of the site and on to the campground road in order to re-hitch. It looks like I'll have a downhill slope...hopefully it's enough.
At 8:30AM, it's time for the "moment of truth"...first I position the Escape on the campground road...then it's time to wheel out the camper. It's a struggle, but I am ultimately successful.
Then...I'm heading south out of the Park to pick up a small road heading west, where I'll pick up Route 99 to Sacramento. This once again takes me back into the "Central Valley", and I do not pass up the opportunity for some great tacos...these from a tiny place called "Anita's Tacos in Madera.
I'm not going to make Reno today, so I figure that I'll stay somewhere on the eastern side of Sacramento...maybe a hundred miles or so from Reno. Around 5:00PM, I'm all checked in at a Motel 6 for the night...a real bed, shower...you can't beat it

No comments: