Monday, August 9, 2010

Camping Out West...Day 48...Tuesday, August 3, 2010...A Sad Note...Tarred (But Not Feathered)






One very sad note to report. The day that we arrived to visit David, Shannon and Ava, their cat, Buster, passed away. He came out and spent some time with us on the patio and, a few hours later, he was gone. I know how difficult it is to lose a beloved pet, and I feel sorry for the whole family...very tough.
Today, we all went down into LA to visit the La Brea Tarpits and museum...very cool. For lunch, we drove over to the Koreatown area for Korean barbecue...excellent! We spent 2+ hours grilling beef, pork and chicken...eating kimchi....drinking Korean beer...it was all good.
Back home, I took two hours or so to pack up for tomorrow's drive to Yosemite. I can not thank David and Shannon enough for all of their kind hospitality (particularly at such an emotional time). They even let me do a few loads of laundry and roast a few batches of coffee.
I will also say that I was much impressed with their general outlook on life and happiness. One night, late, I listened to Shannon explain that philosophy, and it was fascinating to listen to and understand. These are two people who have their heads on straight...and they have positioned themselves to get the very most out of life. We should all be so fortunate.

No comments: