Monday, August 9, 2010

Camping Out West...Day 51...Friday, August 6, 2010...A Quiet Day




I'm up at 7:00AM this morning...make coffee...sit down to plan out the day.
The thought of the crowds (it's a Friday) down in the Valley makes me think that this would be a good day to stay close to camp.
So...I cook myself a nice breakfast...take a walk around the campground...and read until lunch. I'm now on my third book in the "Anna Pidgeon series"...they're all set at National Parks, and this latest one takes place at Mesa Verde...where I visited just a few weeks ago. Around noon, I cook up a batch of Korean ramen...tasty...then more reading.
Around 6:00PM or so, it's time for a few beers before dinner. Since it's dark by 8:30PM, it's important to have dinner prepared, eaten and cleaned up by 8:00PM...lest one fumble around in the dark. Tonight, it's more pasta! Some wild mushroom ravioli with arrabiata sauce...yum!
With the sunset comes the cold...can it rally b colder than last night? This time, I'm better prepared...another campfire...and...I've dug out my "cold weather" clothes...jeans, flannel shirt, sweatshirt. It's still cold, but at least I feel warmer.

No comments: